bit slice chips (was Re: Harris H800 Computer)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Apr 23 17:46:52 CDT 2016

On 04/23/2016 02:34 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:

> I was surprised by the early date code on the 7490s when I ran across
> them in a piece of test equipment.

What was surprising to me is how quickly the industry standardized on
the TI 7400/5400 parts.   Early (ca 1967) Moto databooks had MTTL I,
MTTL II and MTTL III that were essentially sui generis.  By 1969, the
MC7400/5400 had pretty much taken over.  Things moved really quickly
back then.

I recall the mW MRTL "experimenter's pack" with HEP part numbers.  IIRC,
about half the projects in the accompanying booklet used the RTL stuff
in analog, not digital applications.

--Chuck