Calling all typographers

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 28 07:19:43 CDT 2016

Hi Guys

              DEC did some interesting things when it came to fonts on
front panels.

Take an 8/e front panel  for example.  the address is kind of a chalet font.

But they built it out of circles and straight lines and that's what I do.

Then they bunch up the characters until they touch or nearly touch.
(kerning?)

I'd like to recover the DEC fonts and have looked at several font
creator/editors.

Frankly they are dung.  Every fancy curve there is but not a straight
forward line and circle method of  creating lower case characters

as DEC did it.  I do need the ability to enter (or import)  the lower
case characters using just circles and lines.

I then need to do the usual font type things like different font sizes,
bold, and character spacing from zero (touching) to miles apart.

Suggestions please

Rod (Panelman) Smallwood