Very sad message: the passing of Jon Johnston

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Thu Apr 28 08:21:53 CDT 2016

Al wrote...
----
This is horrible news.
The last project we worked on was my recovery of a bunch of HP3000 tapes
from him a few years ago.
----

Yep. The last email I got from him ended with:
----
I will be out of communication from Apr 5 to June 3 (on climbing expedition
in Tibet).
----
I got an update from them this morning with the detail that "[the] ground
gave way beneath them". So sad.

I know that there was a large shipment being gathered from many folks to
Teresa in LA which was then going to be shipped to AU around June. Some
contact will need to be made regarding that but will wait a bit first.

Best,