Calling all typographers

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 30 17:49:15 CDT 2016

I think you have to look at things in the context of the time.

There was little or no CAD and books were done with photo typesetters
(very expensive)

Each page was a kind of photograph called a bromide

Non standard things like logos where also stored on a bromide.

Quite often if you wanted to add a symbol or logo to a page or a drawing
you could go

through a process to get a copy from a master and stick it on the page
(real cut and paste)

or dig out your micrometer and draw it using your normal black ink
drawing pens.

Rod (Panelman) Smallwood