MicroVax II (Doug)

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 10:26:30 CDT 2016

On 7/31/2016 10:38 PM, Douglas Taylor wrote:

> That sounds good.  BTW, where do I go to get the VMS hobbyist license
> PAKS and downloads?  I'm running into dead links.
>
> Doug

Things recently (last few months) changed and the OpenVMS Hobbyist licenses are now handled by the HPE office in India.  The URL for the application is <https://www.hpe.com/h41268/live/index_e.aspx?qid=24548>

When you choose a chapter for "Participating Chapter" choose "DECUSERVE" if you don't belong to one.  Then telnet (no SSH) to eisner.decuserve.com where you will get a login page and choose the "REGISTRATION" option. This will get you a DECUS member number that you can supply for the hobbyist license. Once you are logged into the system you can find your membership number by typing the command "HOBBYIST"

Once you get your reply from HPE then you can also reply to that email and ask for the FTP credentials to download a VMS 7.3 VAX install disk image or Alpha or IA64 for that matter - just ask for all that you want.

Remember that when you apply it is going to India so plan for the timezone and weekend change accordingly.

John H. Reinhardt