RX02 rx-01 heathkit 8 inch drive for H-11 ( lsi11 heath case drive diff?)

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Wed Aug 3 05:51:01 CDT 2016

Are you referring to having the H-27 drive from Heath? I don't know for sure because I've never seen H27 docs, but the disk capacity is the same as the RX01 (256k) and I think the interface was made deliberately incompatible, likely at the behest of DEC. The version of RT-11 (called HT-11) supposedly used a different floppy device driver.

Again, this is based solely on what I've read from various places and not direct experience (I have an H-11 with a SCSI controller; no floppy; and it runs RT-11 no problem).

Rich

Sent from my iPhone