5150/5151 Video Card??

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Aug 14 22:26:37 CDT 2016

My apologies for my previous post; I have not yet received the original
post.  Thank you, Matt, for having quoted it.

It does, indeed look like an aftermarket CGA.
The DE connector on there is 9 pin (see solder side), and is probably CGA
RGB.  (NOT VGA!!)

The "real" OEM IBM CGA does not have that 4PST dip switch block.
That MIGHT be significant.
The "real" OEM IBM CGA also has a 4 pin berg connector, for use with an RF
modulator (or the 5155 internal composite monitor), and a 6 pin connectoor
for light pen.

If that board IS CGA (15.75KHz?), then do NOT connect a 5151 to it!
The 5151 is expecting MDA frequency, not CGA.
If that board is CGA, you can connect the RCA to the composite (yellow)
input of a TV. VCR, or other RS170 device.

OTOH, it might be possible that that switch block might do various things,
even permitting MDA frequencies?
(The IBM EGA included a similar switch block)