SWTPC 6800

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:48:25 CDT 2016

> Bill's method, of executing an M command from a text file, achieves the
> same thing: filling memory.
> Something it's missing versus the S-record/loader format method is a
> checksum or any data check.
> One may may not be concerned about line noise over a short RS-232 line,
> but if there are problems like
> dropped characters, receivers overruns, framing errors, etc., due say to
> speed or line config issues the
> M command method isn't going to tell you about it, while the S-record
> method will/should (in most cases)
> report a data error.

My instructions suggest one use a character delay.  I found that the
monitor program will bomb if it gets its instructions too fast anyway.  For
the OP, I felt this was the simplest straight-forward method to get TSC
BASIC running.  I tested and documented the process, worked for me very
reliably and it eliminiates the need to do anything other than get to the
monitor prompt  to work.

Bill