SWTPC 6800

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Aug 17 18:10:15 CDT 2016

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Brad H wrote:
> I think I'll have to figure out here how to get my laptop and the CT1024
> working in tandem with this 6800.  I mean, I could solve all of this by
> simply using the PC terminal only, I know that works.. but, it just doesn't
> have that vintage 'feel' to it that the CT does, esp. as I'm using it with
> an old Sanyo B/W 9" monitor.

How about cabling the laptop to the SWTPC, and cable the CT1024 to the
laptop (with 2 serial ports)
Write some trivial software for the laptop to take characters from the
SWTPC and echo them to the CT1024, as well as taking characters from the
CT1024 and echoing them to the SWTPC.  Then you can use the CT1024, and
ignore the laptop "middle-man", except when you want to use the laptop as
a file transfer device.