Sticking a VT100 Keyboard Foot Back On

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Dec 4 11:52:34 CST 2016

On 12/04/2016 08:51 AM, Rob Jarratt wrote:
> The rubber feet on my VT100 keyboards are falling off. The feet are
> in good condition, just the glue seems to be failing. Does anyone
> know what kind of glue should be used to stick them back on
> reliably?

Plain old rubber contact cement (e.g. Weldwood or Barge) works extremely
well.  Make sure both parts to be joined are clean and free of the
remnants of the old glue, apply a thin coat to both parts (you may want
to mask the keyboard off), allow both parts to dry (no longer "tacky").
Position the foot carefully over the keyboard and press down.  You get
only one try to get the positioning correct--the bond is fairly permanent.

I've done this quite a bit with rubber feet and have never had one come
loose again.

--Chuck