HP1631D Logic Analyzer..Software???

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:43:59 CST 2016

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 7:39 PM, Holm Tiffe <holm at freibergnet.de> wrote:
> Glen Slick wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Holm Tiffe <holm at freibergnet.de> wrote:

> Interresting, I've don't even knew that such tape drives existed.

It's the little HPIL tape drive that was first used with the HP41
calculator.

> I'm interested in software for that thing, but it seems that I can't do
> much to be helpful here.
> I'll ask the friend from which I got the disk drive, maybe some tape
> drive existis additinally? I've read on wikipedia that the Tapes are
> HP-IL only but converters to HP-IB should exists..

The HP1630 has HPIL as standard. IIRC you can configure it to either be
remote-controlled over HPIB (when it will use HPIL for mass storage devices
like this tape drive) or vice versa.

But I seem to remember that there were several firmware revisions for
these logic analysers and that some feautres were added later. You
may need to 'acquire' a dump of the later ROMs...

-tony