WTB: Apple II Workstation Card

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Tue Dec 20 12:48:15 CST 2016

Mark -

I worked for an Apple / IBM / network dealer, during graduate school (1983-1985).
The Corvus OmniNet solution was actually more popular for the Apple II --
especially with elementary schools (which was over 50% of store's Apple business).

Apple, as you noted, had multiple network solutions (LocalTalk, AppleTalk in 1985) during the 1980s and Macintosh introduction (1984).
LocalTalk
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LocalTalk
AppleTalk
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppleTalk
---
In many ways, Steve Jobs "missed" the significance of networking for Macintosh launch (as did Microsoft with DOS) in this period ... even though he saw Xerox implementation, that eventually became 3Com.

greg
w9gb
===

--