Transporting an LGP-30

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Dec 26 09:37:43 CST 2016

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016, Cory Heisterkamp wrote:
> I recently became the owner of an LGP-30, supposedly in 'working'
> condition. However, the machine is roughly 2000 miles from me and will
> need to be transported by freight. Before it's palletized, are there any
> special precautions I should take to ensure its safe travel. I'm
> especially worried about the drum (drum lock?), but haven't been able to
> find a maintenance or setup doc.
>
> Anyone out there with experience or can offer a few pointers?

- Remove all tube modules and pack them in boxes (with good padding)
- Remove the drum and stuff/pack it separately (remove the belt going to
the small motor below the drum and unscrew the drum assembly from the
frame)
- Remove all side panels and the cover; there's nothing more annoying than
dented panels caused by fixating the frame to the panel and/or truck.

Do you get software and manuals with your machine?

Christian

PS: Just found the auction... you paid *WHAT*??? Wow... for a machine in a
quite battered shape. What idiot put the heavy Flexowriter on the
fragile top?? Where's the cable connecting the Flexowriter to the
computer? Oh, and it works without a power cable... Sorry, I had to make
those comments ;-)
Good luck and enjoy playing with your new computer :-)