AIX for IBM system 370

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 22:11:24 CST 2016

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 8:09 PM, devin davison <lyokoboy0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really wanted to take a look at the AIX version of unix.
> I don't have any of the original hardware, I assume there was a straight
> unix port for the system 370,

There may be a "straight unix port" for the System/370, but AIX ain't
it. The earlier IX/370 product may be closer to a straight port, but
is probably even less easily found than AIX/370.

"AIX looks like it was implemented by a pretty smart space alien who
heard Unix described to him by a different space alien, but they had
to gesture a lot because their universal translators were broken."
    --unknown, but often misattributed to Paul Tomblin