NiCd battery replacement in vintage computers

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Feb 6 21:44:02 CST 2016

> On Feb 6, 2016, at 19:18, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
>
> If you're not interested in a "authentic" look, a plain old lithium primary coin cell or two, with a blocking diode in this circuit should work for years.

I might tuck a CR123 in a holder inside the case somewhere, with a blocking diode. I think I already have some suitable holders left over from when I did the same thing to repair a bad NVRAM battery in an old HP digital oscilloscope. It was hard to get to the original cell in that one (an AA sized one with wire leads, as I recall), so I replaced it with a CR123 mounted remotely inside the back panel so that the next replacement will be easier.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/