VAX 11/730 quickie

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 18:03:36 CST 2016

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 8:23 AM, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> red lights. The baud rate switches are set for 4800 - the default.
>
> Eh? There is no way to set it for 4800 baud (the installation manual,
> printset, and my tests all agree on what baud rates are available).
>
> How do you have the switches set?

I just double checked. 3 was open; 4 was closed. That's default 2400.

Switch 8 was also closed; I have no idea of its function. All other
switches were open.

I set ALL switches to open - including 3 & 8. 3 & 4 open gives 9600
baud. I have no idea what setting 8 open does - but it didn't change
behaviour. Still nothing on console. Grrrr.

I might just try all switches *closed* on the basis that maybe it was
wired wrong but... no doesn't make sense; the system would have been
operational when decommissioned; the switch settings as I received it
must be valid...

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'