The AT&T 3B2 is still proprietary

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 14:17:04 CST 2016

how does the mac  8  bell computer I have  tie in   with  ess?  thx  Ed#
_www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 2/22/2016 1:04:54 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
lists at loomcom.com writes:

Here's  an interesting tid-bit.

I just got off the phone with the AT&T  corporate archives, where I had
hoped to find schematics and internals  documentation for the AT&T 3B2.
They do have it, but unfortunately they  will not give access to any
of it because they still consider the 3B2 to be  proprietary
information.

I'm disappointed, obviously, but not all  that surprised. 25 years is
not a long time for a company like AT&T,  and I understand the 5ESS
system still runs a 3B20 emualtor. They may even  still have support
contracts for 3B2 installations, I'm not  sure.

Anyway, all that aside, will soon have access to a couple of  3B2/310s,
so I hope to continue reverse engineering the hardware  directly.

-Seth
--
Seth  Morabito
web at loomcom.com