Who, on this list, Owns / Collects / Plays with an HP1000 A or L series ??

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Wed Feb 24 01:05:37 CST 2016

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 23:48:52 +0100, you wrote:

> [...]
The hardware unfortunately disappeared when my previous employer went
broke (I would have offered to buy it, as I was freelancing by then)
but the dear old HP-1000A brings back memories. We used to write
laboratory systems software in FORTRAN-77 to interface with the LAS
(Laboratory Automation System) and LABSAM (Laboratory Sampling and
Management) packages which H-P sold as their combined laboratory
software offering. Unfortunately Y2K put paid to LABSAM, H-P decided
it wasn't worth updating it, although they kept LAS staggering along
for a final year. We did a five man-year project for a major
pharmaceutical company, writing an add-on chromatography calculations
package with just the FORTRAN compiler and H-P's FORMS/1000 screen
management library.

Happy days!

Brian.