OK, one more question about sending email TO an old VAX

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Wed Feb 24 22:06:50 CST 2016

> On Feb 24, 2016, at 5:11 PM, Richard Loken <rlloken at telus.net> wrote:
>
> Multinet has an SMTP listener and it expects standard SMTP addresses.
> If you cannot deliver such an address locally then you must look at how
> you have configured the Multinet email server, if you want to forward
> to a decnet only machine or to All-in-One (rather than a VAXmail user)
> then you will need to create some rewrite rules but Multinet should
> deliver to a local VMS mailbox without clever manipulation.

Good grief, Charlie Brown!  AllIn1 had it's own Bitnet-style routing syntax on VMS?  I am so glad I never knew that.

Did PMDF run until the end of VMS at AU?  I don't recall you ever mentioning the UCX stuff.  Of course you know I stayed as far away from VMS as was humanly possible :-)  (And just when did the 8650 get retired?  Did it spend any time keeping auvax company behind the woodshed?)

--lyndon