Floppy recovery

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Jan 5 15:27:07 CST 2016

Attempting to read floppies with the wrong kind of drive can also
cause damage. Back in the day, people were all aflutter about
drive rings and how having them or not having them caused
damage when they read the floppy in a 'foreign' setting. There
were rumors about head clearance and such also being an issue
when newer drives were used to read older floppies, but I never
could find someone that was actually affected by it.

Warner