Honeywell Series 60 (Level 66)/6000 aka DATANET 355/6600 machine language (Charles Anthony)

Michael Thompson michael.99.thompson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 09:24:35 CST 2016

> Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:40:52 -0800
> From: Charles Anthony <charles.unix.pro at gmail.com>
> Subject: Honeywell Series 60 (Level 66)/6000 aka DATANET 355/6600
>         machine language
>
> I am trying to fire up a DN6600 emulator and am encountering some
> discrepancies between the DD01 documentation and existing software.
>
> Anyone remember how to program this beast?
>
> -- Charles

I wish that I kept all of the Honeywell docs that I had. I gave most of
what I had to the Boston Computer Museum, so it might be a the CHM.

I maintained GECOS and the front end software on a Level 66, with DN355,
and 716 front ends. The software modifications to the DN355 were done under
contract by Honeywell in Bedford, MA. The 355 and 716s were replaced by a
pair Level 6 front ends. I still have the platter from one of the fixed
head disks from the 716. If I remember correctly, the 16-bit Level 6 front
ends ran modified microcode to make it 18-bits by using the parity bits.
--
Michael Thompson