Retrocomputing on StackExchange...

Charles Anthony charles.unix.pro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:57:34 CST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 7:22 AM, geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, David Brownlee wrote:
>
> On 15 January 2016 at 13:50, geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
>>

>>> http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/94441/retro-computing
>>>
>>> I think this is actually a pretty good idea and StackExchange is a great
>>> platform.
>>>
>>> As of right now it needs 11 more people following it (and more
>>> questions).
>>>

>> It might be good to adjust it to include more than just "micro"
>> computers...
>>
>> Good idea, but it's not up to me - I didn't create the proposed SE
> section. :)

Interesting. But it is a bit of a mystery to me. I went to the site,
created an account, logged in, "followed" the retro-computing discussion,
searched in vain for the "discuss proposed discussion" button, tried the
general 'ask a question' tab, but it seems to believe that I am not logged
in.

I happily participate in a retro-computing discussions, but my knowledge
base is mainframe computing, so between the alienation in the discussion
definition, and the site's apparent inability to let me discuss that
alienation with the creators, it looks like Area51 is non-starter for me.

-- Charles