Archiving CP/M 2.2 Source Code Programs to a PC (Fat or NTFS media)

Robo58 robo58 at optonline.net
Fri Jan 15 17:06:03 CST 2016

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for the suggestions and feedback.  I appreciate your help clearing my cobwebs.

Let me answer a few of the questions that were asked.

Both CP/M systems have serial ports so I'm good there.

I likely have 50 pin to 34 pin floppy conversion cables as over time we moved away from the 8" drives to 5.25" and then 3.5"

I used PuTTy a long time ago but it should come right back to me.  If I remember it correctly it has a large screen buffer that I can paste to the clip board and then save the resulting source code.

Does PuTTy have any logging functions that would put whatever goes to the screen into a disk file?  That way I could "Type" source file after source file and then separate them later on the PC.

Now that you've given me a way to get my source, how would you suggest getting binaries?   I do remember the Intel checksum format, and it is all ascii so if I could convert the binaries to that format I could capture them the same way as the source files.

Was/is there a way to convert "Com" files to the Intel checksum format on CP/M 2.2 systems ?

Thanks
Robo