SGI Fuel P/S ::WAS:::::::Re: For you SGI fans...

pdaguytom . pdaguytom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:50:45 CST 2016

The Fuel PS can be swapped for its PC counter part.  Wonder over to
Nekochan.net and search for Fuel Power supply, there is a lot of info on
this.  The p1 connector has to be resorted and the replacement PS has to
have the fan monitoring and  that signal has to be adjusted to what L1
expects.  The motherboard has several environment monitoring ICs that, on
the early revisions, go bad and keeps the computer from starting.  These
ICs are/were available for the brave hearted to attempt the repair.  The
later motherboards apparently don't suffer from the enviro monitoring
failures as often.  Nekochan is a great resource, it was invaluable for me
when I was building my Fuel.

Tom