vaxstation 3100 boot issue?

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Tue Jan 19 04:26:13 CST 2016

I agree on checking the console.  TEST 50 should give further information
about the results of the power on self tests.  TEST 0 should run the system
exerciser.

I'd strongly advise removing the battery.  The machine should work quite
happily without it except it will not keep time when the power is off and will
forget it's boot settings.

Check for corrosion on the main board in the area around where the battery lead
connects.

Check for corrosion on any memory expansion board fitted and see if the machine
behaves any better with the board removed.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.