Introduction and RK05J Drive cabling

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 16:29:05 CST 2016

> Ideally I would like to find the following:
> 7009026 Cable which is two ribbon cables with a M933B or C flip chip on the
> other end
> The interface cable between the two drives: BC11A
> The terminator card M930
>
> At minimum, I'm pretty sure I'd only need the first cable to run one of the
> drives, but I'd appreciate any help from those who have more experience.

You must put the terminator in, even on a single drive system. I've had problems
where you get glitches on unterminated lines and the drive can end up writing
when it shouldn't. Don't ask...

The M930 and BC11 should be easy to find, they are actually the same as the bits
used on PDP11 Unibus connections.

-tony