ESR meter recommendations.

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 08:22:04 CST 2016

>     > From: Mattis Lind
>
>     > I don't have an capacitance / ESR meter so I cannot check it.
>
> If you do a lot of work with analog components (and it sounds like you do),
> it's probably worth getting capacitance and ESR meters, they can be
> obtained
> (new) on eBay for not that much. I have one of each that I got that way;
> their quality is pretty good, considering how little I paid for them (I
> didn't think I'd be using them enough to make it worth paying out a lot for
> really good ones). I haven't used the ESR meter much, but the capacitance
> meter works quite well, and has been very helpful. Of course, it can't be
> used in-circuit, but...

Yes. agree with you.I really should get one. I have been thinking I need to
get one every time I get my head into anther PSU and then everything is
sorted out and the PSU seems to work fine and I forget about it. I have
been looking at the DerEE DE-5000 which looks nice and has got good reviews
as far as I can tell. What meter do you have and recommend?

> Alas, I can't (easily) help with the VT100 question! :-)

That's a pity!

>         Noel

/Mattis