HP 9000/382 Questions

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Mon Jan 25 12:55:21 CST 2016

So sounds like

1. get a 9825 (or find someone that has one locally)

Reason for a 9825 is it is the only one with a tape drive that will read
the tapes

Is this correct ?

2. prep the tape(s)
3. copy the data from the tape to a 9895A -- any ever do a emulator ?
4. read the data/run with a 68010 based 200 series .. will the original 300
work ?

I've not taken a DC-100 apart but have done many DC-300's I've got a box of
DC-100's that I don't care what is on them, I'll find it and use one of the
tapes as a test case.

Looks like I've got a long ways to go ....

-pete