Can Windows 98SE run on an Intel I7 with SATA hard drives?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jan 31 10:19:56 CST 2016

    > From: CuriousMarc

    > Needless to say, you'd only boot to this Windows 98 for retro-computing
    > purposes.

BTW, are you indicating that Win 98SE _in general_ should only be used for
retro-computing, or only Win 98SE _in the particular configration you
described_ should only be used that way?

Because, if the latter, I happily use Win 98SE on most of my machines, for
the vast majority of my work!

Of course, I don't need to run the latest and greatest uSloth
bloatware^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H applications, so they fact that they probably
won't run on the older Windows (What a shock! You don't think they would by
any chance want to encourage people to pay them a large pile of dineros for
the latest and 'greatest' version of their OS, do you?) is not a problem for
me.

The biggest issue, actually, for me, is that the latest Adobe Reader which
will run under Win 98SE is 6.0, and that doesn't support some of the latest
PDF's (in particular, encrypted ones).

	Noel