IBM 360/30 in verilog

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Jul 11 11:11:38 CDT 2016

On 07/11/2016 06:40 AM, Curious Marc wrote:
> No kidding! That's a massive effort. How close is that to a 360/50? I have a front panel that needs a brain, could sure use that!

360/50 is a 32-bit machine, the real thing has a core memory
"local store" and (3, IIRC) built-in channels.  it does not
allow memory interleaving.

The 360/65 has a 64-bit path to memory, and does permit
interleaving.  it also allows two /65s to be put together in
a multiprocessor system.  There are a few additional
instructions to communicate between CPUs.  The 65 has solid
state local store, and a 56-bit ALU, so it can do
double-precision floating-point arithmetic without having to
double up the cycles, as the /50 does.  The /65 has no
built-in channels.

Jon