IBM 360/30 in verilog

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Jul 12 11:16:33 CDT 2016

On 07/12/2016 12:34 AM, Camiel Vanderhoeven wrote:
> Most weren't sold, but leased. The ALDs would be used by
> the IBM CE, not the customers themselves. I don't know if
> machines that were sold rather than leased came with ALDs
> or if IBM kept these, I suspect the latter to be the case.
Absolutely, the ALDs went with the machines, whether sold or
leased.  The ALDs contained machine specific info for the
emulators loaded into it, as well as all ECOs applied at the
factory and in the field.  So, you could have 2 identical
models at an installation, and there would be TWO ALD carts,
with serial numbers on them, so they knew which one applied
to which box.

Jon