Reproduction micros

Steve Browne steveb at quickweb.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 15:44:54 CDT 2016

On 12 July 2016 at 21:41, Swift Griggs <swiftgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2016, Steve Browne wrote:
> > The ZX Spectrum Next is going to be interesting....
> http://www.specnext.com/
>
> Wow! I hope that takes off. It's beautiful. Plus, in other news, they will
> ship schematics! Wow.
>
> > Look at that industrial design! Designed by Rick Dickinson who was
> > behind the ZX80,ZX81, ZX Spectrum, Spectrum Plus and QL
>
> That's pretty impressive. It'd be like Jay Miner (RIP) returning to
> re-create an Amiga 5000.
>
> Thanks for pointing that one out. It's exactly the kind of thing I was
> looking for. Now, if they'll only ship...
>
> -Swift

Well I'm hoping so. There was an update a couple of days ago on the
Facebook page, where they said:

"This resulted in the current price of the Spectrum Next to be around £160
including the accelerator board"

"The original plan of starting the campaign on Kickstarter in June is now
pushed back around a couple of months"

So keep alert!

Steve