DOS code in CP/M? Revisited...

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:13:33 CDT 2016

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016, Mouse wrote:
> But it comes at a price.  NetBSD/vax, for example, has trouble
> self-hosting, and nobody knows why, because it shows up only in native
> builds.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. I've only used it in the context of other
platforms and variants.

> Nobody knows whether there's a subtle bug in the cross-compiler
> generating a broken native compiler, or there's a subtle bug in the
> compiler that shows up only in native VAX builds, or what. (Or at least
> that's what I've gathered from following port-vax at .)

Aww. That breaks my fantasy that the list was full of highly motivated VAX
gods. :-)

> If I were still following NetBSD I'd be taking a real VAX and trying to
> figure out when things went south, doing all the builds native.

It's too bad for the NetBSD team that you aren't. You'd be a killer asset
to any FOSS project, I'm sure. That goes 10x for one involving VAXes.

-Swift