Epson QX-10, battery removal

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:39:10 CDT 2016

There's a battery in my QX-10; anyone know if it's safe to remove it before
it leaks (i.e. it's not responsible for storing any parameters which might
be vital to system operation)?

I think most of my machines which have batteries just use them for things
such as TOD clock and so it's no big deal to remove them (and they'll run
happily without), but I do also have various "unknowns" - of which the
QX-10 is one.

(I don't suppose anyone is working on a big list of machines with batteries
in, which ones need consideration before removal, and which ones refuse to
function without a battery present, are they?)

cheers

Jules