Building the Ultimate Classic Mac.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:03:22 CDT 2016

On 18 July 2016 at 20:18,  <COURYHOUSE at aol.com> wrote:

Ed, *please* will you get a proper email client? They work fine with
AOL mail. I know, I am also liamproven at aol.com & have been for 20y!

> will not  load  curvet  os because?
> "This  is caused by the lack of the 64 bit EFI bios. The hardware of the
> Mac Pro 1.1 is  already complete 64bit capable but they do ship the efi bios
> only in 32bit  version."
>
> Ed  says..... OK whatever an EFI Bios is....

There are ways around it.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2015/3/2/how-to-resurrect-a-2006-mac-pro-11-so-it-can-run-osx-yosemit.html

Ask the Hackintosh community:

http://hq-a.weebly.com/

> ok we also have a -
>
> "The  Power Macintosh G5 shipped from 2003 until 2006. All models pack
> 64-bit PowerPC  970 (G5) processors in an easy-to-upgrade aluminum tower case
> design with a  single external optical drive bay"
>
> This  one is missing disc  drives...  this  has the neatest  form  fitting
> insides  of any of the macs  I have  seen.

Takes any old SATA drive, as far as I recall. No special firmware needed.

Will run up to OS X 10.5, nothing later.