Nova 3 front panel

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Fri Jul 22 02:25:29 CDT 2016

From: jim stephens: Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:53 PM
> I have not had time to figure out the driver circuit for any of the
> lamps to see what that may turn up, and wanted to know whether it was
> 28v lamps before I buy 40 of them.  (the thing has only 2 out of a lot
> of lamps).

I mentioned http://www.foxdata.com/blog/tag/nova-312/ to you
earlier, which suggested the 28V bulbs.  I also found
http://www.chookfest.net/nova3/ledmod.html
which makes it clear that the voltage is likely a fair bit over 12V.

The DG Components guide only lists part numbers for the
28V bulbs, 24V bulbs, 5V, and 6V bulbs (at least that I found
that fit with the wire base and the form factor).  I think installing
28V bulbs in 24V circuits would be fine (they'd last longer).

Alas, I have no authoritative information on the exact correct
bulb.

    Vince