Nova 3 front panel

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Fri Jul 22 02:46:00 CDT 2016

On 7/22/2016 12:25 AM, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
> From: jim stephens: Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:53 PM
>> I have not had time to figure out the driver circuit for any of the
>> lamps to see what that may turn up, and wanted to know whether it was
>> 28v lamps before I buy 40 of them.  (the thing has only 2 out of a
>> lot of lamps).
>
> I mentioned http://www.foxdata.com/blog/tag/nova-312/ to you earlier,
> which suggested the 28V bulbs.  I also found
> http://www.chookfest.net/nova3/ledmod.html
> which makes it clear that the voltage is likely a fair bit over 12V.
>
> The DG Components guide only lists part numbers for the 28V bulbs, 24V
> bulbs, 5V, and 6V bulbs (at least that I found that fit with the wire
> base and the form factor).  I think installing 28V bulbs in 24V
> circuits would be fine (they'd last longer).
>
> Alas, I have no authoritative information on the exact correct bulb.

That's not a problem.  I was also interested in the info if I ever get
around to using it for a simh front panel blink'n version. Unless a Nova
3 drops in my lap.  (and still would want info).

Thanks for the tips.  I see that the foxdata site lamps don't appear
quite as bright as the chookfest ones, which is interesting.  I'm
thinking now if I do anything it will be the LED route, so will evaluate
that, as I agree opening the thing back up will suck.

Jay did your DG stuff on the back dock move?  just curious.  PM if you like.
thanks
Jim