Anyone have a spare PDP-11/84 serial console panel they could part with?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jul 26 08:11:31 CDT 2016

    >> a baud rate selection switch

    > That turns out to be purely off-board (using a clock on the card, and
    > the 'external clock' option on the CPU (same as the 11/23+).

Ooops, my mistake - I _thought_ it was the same as the -11/23+, but now that I
look, it brings the baud rate selection lines out to the daughter card. Still,
you can select the baud rate without the daughter card - like I said, I have
run -11/84 CPU cards in a stock (Q/CD!) QBUS box.

    >> a single 20-pin connector for a ribbon cable that attaches to the
    >> KDJ11-B and MDM.

    > I'd have to check to see if there's anything critical in there for
    > controlling the power supplies.

My guess would be no, since the only things on the serial card that come
through that cable from the MDM board are the baud rate and force dialog,
which come from the CPU card through the MDM card. (Why on earth DEC did
that, instead of just having them come directly from the CPU card, I have
no earthly idea. Anyone have a guess?)

	Noel