MicroVax II

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sat Jul 30 10:50:42 CDT 2016

> On Jul 29, 2016, at 10:30 PM, Jerry Weiss <jsw at ieee.org> wrote:

> I have booted both V7.3 and V5.5-2  off a 4GB SD with SCSI2SD V4.6 on a MicroVax II with 16 Mb.     Note that DEQNA will not work (at all) on either version. You’ll need a DELQA.

Yes, VMS stopped supporting the QNA at some point because, even after 12 ECOs, it could not be made to work properly.  If I remember right, the issues showed up mostly in clusters; DECnet didn't mind so much.  If all you can get is a QNA, you either need a sufficiently old version of VMS, or an OS that is more forgiving of bogus hardware.

	paul