Is MS-DOS, PC DOS and DR-DOS vintage enough to count?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sun Jul 31 14:41:22 CDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 07:18:19PM +0200, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 31 July 2016 at 18:23, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
[...]
> > Other possibility is, can it work better in some other virtual
> > machine? Qemu/KVM, VMWare?
>
> I am running on OS X here, and I prefer VBox to VMware, but I could try...

Ah, ok then. I have just recalled that some of those programs have a
debugger built in:

http://bochs.sourceforge.net/doc/docbook/user/internal-debugger.html

http://wiki.osdev.org/Bochs#Bochs_debugging_facilities

http://wiki.osdev.org/QEMU#The_QEMU_monitor

Caveat: I have no idea how useful it might be in you situation and I
guess you would need a good command of x86 assembly (and perhaps DOS
interrupts, too). Alas, twenty years ago was last time I could claim
to know anything about it... On OSX you should be able to get both
programs using... fink?

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola