AT&T 3b2 vs SCSI2SD drive replacement

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Thu Jun 2 00:19:42 CDT 2016

On 6/1/2016 4:52 PM, Mike Ross wrote:
>> The advantages of the SCSI2SD over the ACard are as follows:
>> >
>> >1) It's open-source (hardware and firmware and software)
>> >2) The developer is extremely responsive to bug reports / feature requests
>> >3) It's very flexible -- you can make it look like any drive you want to
>> >(important for machines that expect to see only certain drives), it
>> >supports oddball sector sizes (for your lisp machines and AS/400s)
> Wait - what? I'd never even thought of that. Has anyone got SCSI2SD
> running successfully on AS/400?
I noticed that one vendor had the following note in their sale posting
on Ebay.

** Please note
1) The card will be preconfigured for 8 gb storage only.
2) You will not be able to change the firmware as a little modifications
have been done in PCB.

Vendor:  floppy_to_usb

Not nice sports fans.

SCSI2SD-50-Pin-SCSI-Hard-to-Micro-Sd-Converter-8-gb-micro-SD-for-Staubli-JC5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301859438071

Any idea which vendor to buy from to get an "open" part, how to preserve
the firmware / settings on what you get if you wish to modify it as an
open product?  The above is pretty nasty for the vendor of an  open
product, and I think I'll be buying from someone else.

Thanks
Jim