11/04 latest

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 04:13:37 CDT 2016

söndag 5 juni 2016 skrev Rod Smallwood <rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com>:

> On 05/06/2016 09:44, Mattis Lind wrote:

>> Hi
>>>
>>>      Well lots fun with the 11/94 project. In fact its become an 11/84
>>> and
>>> 11/94 project.
>>>
>>> After following Sherlock Holmes advice "when you have eliminated
>>> everything else.Whats left however unlikely is the answer"   I discovered
>>> the RX211 needed to be in CDEF and not ABCD.  Why did I not know that?
>>> Well I can only put it down to the fact all of the UNIBUS options I ever
>>> worked with were hex modules.
>>>
>>> Next fascinating fact. You can switch between being an 11/84 and an
>>> 11/94.  Although one box has three Qbus slots and the other (11/84) has
>>> four.  If you put an 11/84 CPU  in slot 1 and a MSV11-J (PMI) in 2 or 3
>>> it
>>> does its startup tests and goes into the monitor screen.
>>>
>>> If you try to boot the RX02 in 11/84 mode you get
>>>
>>> (the drive does get accessed - there's a nice healthy clonk)
>>>
>>> Trying DY0
>>>
>>> Error 101
>>>
>>> Unexpected trap to location 114
>>>
>>> See troubleshooting   documentation
>>>
>>> Updated PC 173260          PCR Page = 62       Program listing address =
>>> 062260
>>>
>>> R0 = 000000            R1 = 177170         R2 = 042131 R3 = 000000
>>>
>>> R4 = 024000            R5 = 000000          R6 = 172276 R7 = 001600
>>>

>>> In 11/94  mode it stops at the same point but does not give the error
>>> message.
>>>

>>> Comments gentlemen please
>>>

>> OK.
>>
>> Is this RX211 + RX02 a known working set? It could be useful to wire up a
>> DL11 (of some sort) at 176500 and connect it to a TU58 emulator to run
>> some
>> kind of XXDP diagnostics for RX02 / RX211.
>>
>> Maybe also run other XXDP CPU diagnostics even though the boot ROM
>> probably
>> include quite some diagnostics for the CPU and memory.
>>
>> /Mattis
>>

>> Rod Smallwood
>>>

>>> Hi Mattis
>                 Now what would I want a TU58 emulator for when I have real
> one? ( : > )
> Rod

If you have a working TU58 with capstans in good shape then
congratulations! Do you have XXDP on TU58 cartridges with RX02 diagnostics,
then problem solved...

I don't have that so I have to use the emulated version. (I on the other
hand have maybe ten TU58 in different state of needing repair) I can then
also create whatever TU58 cartridge image in SimH which I could use on the
real hardware. Makes my life simpler when working with my PDPs.

/Mattis