UST-PS/2 keyboards - was Model M Key Cap Replacement

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Sun Jun 5 14:28:17 CDT 2016

On 05/06/2016 19:57, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 06/05/2016 10:09 AM, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> my real IBM clicky keyboard does not have usb  so I tried   various
>> usb adapters  and they could be  flaky,... you would have to  start
>> computer then have to unplug  and reinsert keyboard connection
>> etc...
>>
>> anyone  have a solve  for this? thanks  Ed#
>

> I use a no-name cheapie keyboar+mouse adapter that looks like a "y"
> cable more than anything.  Works fine on USB for both.  I think I paid
> about $2 shipped from China.

I've had a few and found the ones that look like a Y-cable work far
better than the ones that look like a little lump of an adapter.  I use
my Indy keyboard through a KVM and one of the Y-cable adapters to a PC
and an SGI, and used to have the same setup at work.

But has anyone found a decent solution to connecting a USB mouse - such
as a wireless mouse - to a PS/2 machine?  Eg my nice Logitech MX to an
Indy?  I know there are some adapters for older Logitech mice, but
they're just wiring rearrangements for mice that already understand PS/2.

--
Pete