11/[9]4 latest

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 5 15:03:44 CDT 2016

On 05/06/2016 19:39, jwsmobile wrote:

> On 6/5/2016 5:33 AM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>> Well, 0114 is the 'memory system error' vector - i.e. parity, or
>> un-recoverable ECC error.
> <snip>
>>
>>      > R6 = 172276
>>
>> That seems a bit odd - the stack pointer is pointing into I/0 space?
>> 772276
>> is the last Supervisor mode Data space PAR - maybe it's using those
>> registers
>> as a temporary stack?
>>
>>     Noel
> If the firmware got an error it would seem the first order of business
> would be to go to the processor registers, store out the error info
> wherever, and halt and catch fire.
>
> I wonder if the boardset that was in the wrong slot might have had
> something fried that could create the error.
>
> thanks
> Jim
The board that went in did not get fried, baked or boiled. Its twin
brother that only went into the correct location produces the exact same
results.

The RX is clearly alive, The motor runs, belt tension is good and you
can hear the heads load.
I have a box full of 8" floppies. BTW how many 8" floppies do you think
there were in an RT11 distribution?

So the question then arises what next?  If we look at what an 11/94 is
then its a single board CPU and a power control card in a three slot
back plane. There after its UNIBUS  So is there any thing we can put in
the spare QBUS  slot without doing any damage?

Regards
Rod