VAX-11/780 Board Set on eBait

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:24:17 CDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 3:48 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>     > From: Devin Davison
>>
>>     > well there goes my plan of trying to keep it under the radar.
>>
>> Sorry, I didn't mean to upset your plan (and you); I just didn't know if
>> anyone was watching for VAX-11/780 parts, they come by so rarely.
>>

> If anyone is desperate for VAX-11/780 parts, let me know -- a friend of
> mine recently came into a load of them.  If it can help someone bring a
> /780 back to life, he'd be up for working something out...

I'm going to start that with my 780 soon. I'll probably snag the eBay
parts if the price stays reasonable and I'll let you know how things
go.

BTW you mentioned you had had problems with your 730 main breaker too?
How exactly was it misbehaving? Did it sometimes refuse to power
machine even when it was in the ON position?

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'