Who recognizes this (UK) architecture (from 1970-1985)?

Erik Baigar erik at baigar.de
Thu Jun 16 05:36:36 CDT 2016

Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer and for the hint. I had been in touch with the
Museum in Manchester at the very beginning of the investigation on
this unit and they had been able to supply some marketing brochures
on Ferranti in general and the navigation business in special,
but there have not been many technical details.

> I have forwarded this to some ex-Ferranti folks who may be able to help.

That is really great. I have a quite detailed understanding on how the
unit works now, but there are many questions still open - especially
regarding assembly and alignment in the factory. It would be really
great to get in touch with some of the old hands of the log gone
era of these systems...

The system was alost surely designed and built in Scotland (Edinburgh)
as many of the type plates indicate so.

In the meantime I fixed 4 of them and together with some avionics
enthusiasts over here we try to keep them up and running. We even
had one of these installed in a car for a 1h trip around Munich  ;-)

    Many thanks again,

       Erik.