old friend is slimming down the warehouse

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Fri Jun 24 12:11:57 CDT 2016

Mike wrote...
-----
    HP 262x terminals don't ship well.  The "ET" terminals must be packed
carefully.
----
That is very true. I could use one of those large black plastic pieces that
hold the monitor open. Mine broke'ted.

HP 264X terminals on the other hand, do ship well because they are most
definitely built like a tank. That being said, I did have one shipped to me
a few years back (posted pictures to the list) that a shipper managed to
completely destroy. They put it in a box that was twice the size of the
terminal in all directions, and put absolutely nothing else in the box
besides filling about 1/2 the box with foam peanuts. One could not imagine a
264X could look like it was put in a blender, but this one literally poured
out of the box. *sigh*