PDP-11/45 restoration running console emulator

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:06:44 CDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Fritz Mueller <fritzm at fritzm.org> wrote:

> Just wanted to share some joy here: after a months-long spare time
> restoration and debug process, the PDP-11/45 I've been working on booted to
> the M9301 console emulator last night (pic at
> http://fritzm.github.io/images/pdp11/m9301-running.jpg).
>
> Made me super happy to see that register dump an the "$" prompt :-)
>
> Next up will be using PDP11GUI to run more thorough diagnostics, then I'll
> be moving on to storage (RK05)...
>
>             cheers,
>                 --FritzM.

Fritz,
I have been wrestling with PDP11GUI and my 11/40....I have not had trouble
with the program, but I am weak on interpreting results of the tests.  I
have finally made progress, but I would be interested if you posted results
of your testing using the M9301 and the PDPGUI.  I have not yet been able
to boot my system with an RL02.
--
@ BillDeg:
Web: vintagecomputer.net