VR241 Stray Wire

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 25 09:38:44 CDT 2016

I took apart my VR241 recently to see if I could find the reason why the
screen doesn't go completely black. I took lots of pictures while doing so,
to make sure I could put it back together again correctly. However, now that
I am putting it back together, there is one wire which looks like it wasn't
connected. It is on the deflection board (on the right when looking from the
back of the CRT).

I am not sure now if I missed taking a photo of this when it was connected,
or if it really should be not connected. There is a pin marked Size Link
near to it, which might be where it has to go, and sounds like an optional
thing if that is the case.

You can see the wire in question at the bottom of the picture below, it is
the green wire with a single-pin connector on it, and the size link
connector is the two-pronged connector just below it in the photo:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlQc3lJwQx7bgbAJQx-HsvGY8Gcqsg

Anyone know where this wire should go?

Regards

Rob