DL11 configuration for pdp11gui

Don North north at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jun 26 15:29:02 CDT 2016

On 6/26/2016 12:26 PM, Fritz Mueller wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've started to look into hooking up pdp11gui to my 11/45 w/ M9301. Does
> anybody here know how the console DL11 should be configured for this wrt. data
> bits, parity, stop-bits?  I haven't seen this mentioned in the documentation
> or tutorials.
>
>         thanks,
>            --FritzM.

Console DL11 configuration (baud, #data, #stop, parity) needs to match that of
the PC (baud, #data,#stop,parity) that is running PDP11GUI, and vice versa.
9600-8N2 on each end would be a good place to start (fastest baud rate, 8b, no
parity) as it is very common.

Mostly PDP11GUI does not care, either 7b or 8b. Other characteristics (#stop,
#parity, baud) need to match DL11 vs PC.